12/2/09

BE CAREFUL: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A "NOBODY"

Dear Readers,

I have pressed the pause button.   The City of Healdsburg in California's wine country has until December 15th to let me know that they have worked out a plan with the Best Western/Dry Creek Inn so that hotel rooms for people with disabilities will be suitable.  I suggested that the changes take place within a year.

You will be the first to know.  If I hear nothing then I will make the reasonable assumption that their behavior (which is the strongest indicator of what people want) means that they want me to publish widely the letter that I wrote to them, asking them to be compassionate.  And their refusal to be so.

Until then, I am posting a true story that shows how powerful a seemingly insignificant human being can be.

See the next post.

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment